Here's how to use it
The three current endpoints are
https://placem.at/things. Any one of those will actually give you a valid image back on its own, but you probably want to do something a little bit fancier. The good news is that all three endpoints accept the same parameters, so there's not too much to remember. Everything is controlled via a few simple query string parameters:
- Specifies the width of the returned image. Can be used alone, or alongside
h. A number in pixels.
- Specifies the height of the returned image. Can be used alone, or alongside
w. A number in pixels.
- By default, Placemat will always return the same image for a given size. If you want to mix things up a bit, pass
random=1. If you want to get the same "random" image every time, pass any other value for
random=2. This tends to be especially handy for the
- Placemat will add your requested dimensions to the returned image by default, but you can bypass that by passing
txt=0. If you want to display custom text, just send along something like
- Change the displayed text color. Accepts a 3 (RGB), 4 (ARGB), 6 (RRGGBB), or 8 digit (AARRGGBB) hexadecimal value. The first two digits of an 8 digit hex value represent the color's alpha transparency. Defaults to
- Defines a custom overlay color. Accepts a 3 (RGB), 6 (RRGGBB) or 8 digit (AARRGGBB) hexidecimal value. The first two digits of an 8 digit hex value represent the color's alpha transparency. Defaults to
Overlay Blend Mode
- Allows changing the overlay's blend mode. Defaults to
multiply, and can be assigned to any of the imgix blend modes.